Monday 27 January 2014

Watching

I am looking out the window, watching for him. The stars are shining but I barely notice. I am watching. My heart beat going a little faster than before.

It’s new this part of marriage – sending part of me away to do something big and bold and brave.

Where he goes I go where he stays I stay.

I don’t know what to do with myself, heart in my mouth for an evening.
Even my prayers are becoming a jumbled mess. So I just turn my hope in a general upwards direction.

Hope that good things will happen for my husband – not only because our destinies are intertwined but also because he would be brilliant at this, faithful and steadfast. 


 I love the way he is boldly pursuing this future Jesus has spoken to him about.




‘We ask You to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push into the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.’

Sir Francis Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment